SHOUTERS' WRITINGS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Authors Introduction

4 posters

Go down

Authors Introduction Empty Authors Introduction

Post by Mickey Pig Knuckles Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:55 am

Authors Introduction Wdkh1

write Author Introduction write

Its both my pleasure and honor to become a part of this wonderful site that has so many wonderful creative people. I introduce myself as a world-renowned poet with poems published in various books. I was born in Springfield, Illinois and moved to Mountain Country at age three. I live in the Rocky Mountains, and love the natural setting of the high mountain country. I had always been an active writer of short stories until I met a very special girl who found the gift of poetry within me and brought it out to be shared with the world. I have just gained a writers place in the romance novel industry as my first novel has now been published and made available in May of this year.

I have two brothers, one sister and many nephews and nieces. I have always been in tune with my emotional being. Many say I am sensitive to life’s ups and downs. Each day is a new beginning and should be lived to the fullest. One should always strive to make the best of life; we are only given one life to live. I strive to reach out to the world and share my passion for poetry in hopes of enkindling warm smiles. There is nothing more inspiring than daily life; life is poetry in motion. I write on a variety of topics, so there is something for everyone to savor. I hope you enjoy my creative writing style as my poetry flows from my heart to yours.

I work in Law Enforcement and write to stay in touch with my emotional being. I have a bachelor's degree with Psychiatric Nursing being my major and Criminal Justice being my Minor. I have also worked as a successful Locksmith for many years. I will now include some of my feelings towards those that may work in the field of Law Enforcement.

Authors Introduction Copbadgesfa0

Correctional Officers

What would the average citizen say if it were proposed that police officers be assigned to a neighborhood which was totally inhabited by no one but criminals and those officers would be unarmed, patrol on foot, and be heavily outnumbered? I would venture to say that the overwhelming public response would be that the officers would have to be completely crazy to accept such an assignment or make such a career choice. However, as you read this, such a scenario is being played out in all areas of our great country. Federal and state Correctional Officers, not guards, which is a person watching school crossings, or walking the hallways of many schools and hospitals, and our malls as guards. Correctional Officers work in Correctional Facilities, empowered by the federal and state to enforce its laws and the rules and regulations of the Department of Corrections, in short, Law Enforcement Officers.

Our daily beat is totally inhabited by convicted felons, who, by definition, are people who tend to break the laws, rules, and regulations of our society. Correctional Officers are outnumbered by a ratio of 100 to 1 or more in some cases during the average workday, and contrary to popular belief, we work without sidearms. Yes, our necks are on the line every minute of our work day. A correctional facility is a very misunderstood environment. The average person has little knowledge of it's workings. Society sends it's criminals to correctional facilities and as time passes, each criminal's crime fades from our memory until the collective prison population becomes a vision of hordes of bad people being warehoused away from decent people where they can cause no further harm to society. There is also a notion that prison inmates cease to be a problem when they are incarcerated.

Correctional facilities are packed full of violence perpetrated by the prison population against each other and the facility staff. Felonies are committed daily but they are called "incidents' and rarely result in public prosecution. Discipline is handled internally and, as a rule, the public is never informed of these internal crimes. In the course if maintaining order in these facilities many officers have been punched or kicked, bitten, stabbed, slashed with homemade weapons, taken hostage and even murdered in the line of duty, while being legally mandated to maintain their professional composure and refrain from any and all retaliation. In addition to these obvious dangers, correctional officers face hidden dangers in the form of AIDS, tuberculosis, hepatitis B and hepatitis C. The courts are now imposing longer sentences and the prison population is increasing far beyond the systems designed capacity. As the public demands more police on the streets, governments everywhere are handcuffing police in prisons where violence reigns supreme, jeopardizing those officers behind these prison walls. Although you will never see us on
"Cops," or "Real Stories" we are law enforcement professionals. The forgotten cop, hidden from view. ( except for the 1% or less who make the news-our counterparts know how that works when someone goes bad or something goes extremely wrong), doing thankless duty on the worlds most dangerous beat, hoping someday to receive respect and approval from the public whom we sincerely serve to protect and keep safe from these criminal's of crime.

I want to dedicate this to all who have served and have a place in your heart for the work that must be done. Thank You for reading this and understanding that we are people too and want to protect of free society from these evil people.

Penned By James L. McHenry

I hope you may enjoy my introduction as I now close with the wonderful thought of gaining many wonderful people to come and want to become a part of this great site with such a huge variety of talents.

Your Dear Friend
James smily2 Mickey Pig Knuckles

Life Is Poetry In Motion, Great Poets Reflect Emotion...
Mickey Pig Knuckles
Mickey Pig Knuckles
*Loving Memorial Member*
*Loving Memorial Member*

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2007-12-16

Back to top Go down

Authors Introduction Empty Re: Authors Introduction

Post by Glad E Olah Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:23 am

James, you have really accomplished much in your life so far. Continue to do so and many people will be much better because of it. Your writings are those of perfection so no wonder you are a published writer. And the community service, that you have done over the years, surely must be rewarding to you. Thank you for sharing your ideas and writings with us. We appreciate you greatly.

Your new friend,
Glad
Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah

Female Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Authors Introduction Empty to James

Post by Me Shell Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:47 am

Well, now that I have calmed down from the Christmas rush, I finally find time to read your poems and bio. Like you, I appreciate this forum and Glad's work putting it together. I would not have her patience, and admire her for that. She's done a great job with this, many hours spent, and I thank her for all she has done. Glad has helped me so much, because I am a SLOW learner--lol--and she has been so nice to show me ( over and over ) how to create my poetry and story pages. I am still learning :)

Now, about your poetry, James. It's such a pleasure to have you post your writings. I am amazed at your talent, and thank you for joining us and helping to get this forum going. Always happy to meet a new friend ! Thanks James.
Me Shell
Me Shell

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ISH Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:37 am

Nice intro piggy.
ISH
ISH
*Loving Memorial Member*
*Loving Memorial Member*

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Me Shell Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Interesting intro--I'm impressed !

And ( I don't think I'm putting this in the right place-) -But, I love your weather poem ! Watching storms has always been a pleasure for me. Lightning is beautiful ( altho it can be dangerous) . The thunder that follows, is a little scary at times, I admit. But something so powerful, it is like music from heaven. I know many people don't feel this way, but it has always entranced me. Your poem says it all !

Authors Introduction Nightlightning
Me Shell
Me Shell

Back to top Go down

Authors Introduction Empty you "HOW" poem

Post by Me Shell Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:13 am

Hi James--wanted to say, I like your newest poem ! It's a little different, and I like variety of styles from all the poets. Beautiful picture along with the words. You have a unique way of displaying your work. :) :smily:
Me Shell
Me Shell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum